Monday, October 22, 2007



Well I have officially turned GREEN. I have been having many conversations with my good friend Andrea N. about how to be a good earth citizen. I have been thinking about what my responsibility is to help the environment. I don't want to get too crazy -- like hugging trees or spray painting fur coats, but I want to do something. I asked my dad what he thought about the issue. He stated that as Christians we have a responsibility to be good stewards of what God has given us. So I have started a recycling bin on my back porch. Just the normal recycleables but it's a start. I wanted to encourage others and to ask if anyone if you have advice of other simple ways to care for the earth and ways to recycle odd items. Go green:)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Julia Gulia,
Long time no talk. Anyway, I ALWAYS, when it's not freezing outside, dry my clothes on the line. You don't use all the energy of a dryer and the sunshine works wonders. Also, another good thing to do is to switch to flourescent light bulbs. They use SO much less energy than incandescent ones. They are more expensive by last about three times as long.
Beth (Lahni) Boswell

Hutchins said...

Warning! We started saving cans, bottles, & jugs with the intent of recycling. One problem: we live in the country and don't know where to take the 'stuff' for recycling, so it's clogged up our garage! We won't be able to park in there until we move the stuff! Advice: have an exit strategy, like when the stuff will be picked up or delivered! Good luck!